Thursday 2 December 2010

Across The Nightingale Floor


I book I read recently is Across The Nightingale Floor byLian Hearn. It is the first book in the trilogy "Tales of the Otori."

It follows a sixteen year old boy named Takeo in a country much like Japan. His life is completely changed when his whole village burns down and he is adopted the mysterious Lord Otori Shigeru of Hagi. He starts a new life as heir to the throne in Hagi and the Otori Clan. But a mysterious organization called The Tribe claims Takeo as their own and they have dark plans for his future. Because Takeo has great magical powers- he can make himself invisible, he can be in two places at once, and has the ability to hear what other people cannot. In the view of The Tribe this makes him the perfect assassin, a deadly weapon. But before he can pledge his life to them he must take a very dangerous path, revenge. There is no time nor place for falling in love... but when Takeo meets the beautiful Kaede, he knows that his heart will never give her up.

I love this book. I first read when I was eleven years old and I have loved it ever since. What I love about the book is that it is written so beautifully and all the characters are described in such detail it feels as if they are next to you, actual existing people. Another thing that is wonderful about this book is that it doesn't move along so quickly that you have no time to understand what is happening. In all of her work, Lian Hearn writes so slowly, beautifully and in so much detail that you understand exactly what is happening and why. I

I would recommend this book to any one who likes reading in general.

2 comments:

  1. I think you read before the age of eleven.

    The book seems fairly good, although it seems a little bit strange that he can be at two places at once.
    Do you understand everything in the book considering that?

    And by the way, I'm not more weird than you.

    ReplyDelete